Progressive Wing Chun - Code of Conduct
Progressive Wing Chun Milton Keynes fully recognises its responsibilities for correct behaviour during martial art training. Our policy applies to ALL Students that train in Martial Arts at the academy whether taking part in group Wing Chun classes or private tuition.
Training Environment and Equipment:
- ALL students are to respect the training venue & environment.
- Students are welcome to bring refreshments with them however ALL litter is to be placed in the bins provided or taken home after training has finished.
- Students are to respect training equipment at all times, Pads, training, weapons etc.
- Students will be warned no more than 3 times that continued miss-use of equipment, mats, pads & training-weapons etc, will result in them being asked to leave the training environment. Continued miss-use will result in the students not being able to participate in lessons where equipment is being used. Students will have to purchase their own equipment before being allowed to participate.
- ALL students are to respect ALL Instructors and promote a safe, friendly & relaxed training environment at all times.
- When the instructor is talking, students will respect their instructor and not talk over them until the instructor has finished, or they invited in to the conversation.
- If the instructor is addressing the class, students will stand at ease and not lean against equipment or walls, students will show respect by listening and not talking to fellow students.
- Rude, aggressive behaviour or students with egos will not be tolerated.
- Students are to respect ALL other students and the academies instructors at all times. Any disrespect which gets noticed or reported will be dealt with.
- Students should be aware that the academy trains in contact Martial Arts. Therefore accidents do happen and students are advised to train in a safe manor with their training partners & ensure that they follow the instructors guidance.
- Students should respect others & refrain from using bad language and any inappropriate behaviour will not be tolerated.
- Students who abstain from training in the correct manor will be warned no more than 3 times before being asked to leave the training environment.
- Students are shown what to do by the Instructor and they should follow the Instructors guidance. Students who deviate away from the shown activity or technique do so at their own risk.
- Students should train at a respectable level with new students and ensure that they are comfortable and made to feel welcome.
- All new students should respect training equipment & fellow students, egos will not be tolerated.
- ALL Instructors are to respect ALL students & promote a safe, friendly and relaxed training environment at all times.
- Instructors are to lead by example & the use of bad language & inappropriate behaviour will not be tolerated.
- Instructors are aware that they are showing techniques which are based on self defence, and accidents do happen. All instructors are to point out any potential risks with what is being shown, and keep a watchful eye on students to ensure that that they train in a safe and secure manner.
Injuries and Accidents:
- Progressive Wing Chun Milton Keynes recognises that training in Martial Arts is a contact activity which has its risks. Injuries are bound to happen.
- Students found to be doing dangerous techniques i.e. chops to back of the neck, will be asked to leave immediately.
- Any Student injuring a fellow student(s) as a result of incorrect training methods will be instantly dismissed from the academy.
- Every incident or accident no matter how minor; is to be recorded using the correct accident & injury form.
Progressive Wing Chun Milton Keynes is predominately Ip Man Linage therefore ALL students & Instructors are to also follow the
Ip Man Wing Chun Code of Conduct